RANCHO SANTA FE HOME INSPECTIONS
Ranch Santa Fe home inspections by the best home inspectors in town – Red Rock! 15+ years of experience and a dedication to our clients make us the best inspectors in Rancho Santa Fe.
Rancho Santa Fe Home Inspection
Red Rock Home Inspections takes the worry out of home buying, and provides the peace of mind you deserve. Having a home inspection prior to closing on escrow can save you time and money by making you aware of the areas of major concern. We understand that your home is more than just a roof over your head.
Some of the major components observed during your home inspection include the roof and it’s components, exterior, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, foundation, structural, interior items and much much more. We use moisture meters to detect for the presence of excessive moisture conditions, which can contribute to decay and mold. We use wireless technology to inspect 2nd story roofs.
Your home inspection report is delivered in a .pdf digital format and will include pictures and any video taken. Crawlspaces are included for no additional charge.
Red Rock Home Inspections is there for your during and after you buy your new home. As a veteran and family owned business, we take great pride in the service we provide and are passionate about the work that we do. Ask about our military and senior discounts. To schedule your home inspection, call us today.
Home Inspections in Vista, Oceanside, Carlsbad, San Marcos, Encinitas, Escondido, Cardiff by the sea, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, Mira Mesa and surrounding San Diego regions. We also provide home inspections in Temecula and southern Riverside county.
TYPES OF INSPECTIONS
- RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY INSPECTIONS
- MOBILE HOME INSPECTIONS
- POOL AND SPA INSPECTIONS
- SELLER’S PRE-LISTING INSPECTIONS
- HOME BUYER’S INSPECTIONS
- ANNUAL MAINTENANCE INSPECTIONS
- 4-POINT INSURANCE INSPECTIONS
- MULTI-UNIT DWELLING INSPECTIONS
- CONDO INSPECTIONS
- CRAWL SPACE INSPECTIONS
- RE-INSPECTIONS (FREE!)
MEET THE OWNER AND LEAD INSPECTOR
Welcome and thank you for visiting Red Rock Home Inspections. My name is Keith Silvas and I am the owner and lead inspector. I am a certified member of the International Association of Home Inspectors, the largest home inspection organization in the world. I have over 10 years of related construction experience working on everything from residential wiring to commercial gas station builds. I am a veteran of the Seabees, the construction battalions of the Navy. I pride myself on quality and I inspect every home as if my family were moving into it. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service, I look forward to assisting you during your home buying experience.
OUR RANCHO SANTA FE HOME INSPECTIONS
Many of my clients call and ask what is included in their home inspection – and it is a valid question! You want to make sure that you are covered and that everything is covered to the best extent possible.
We abide by InterNACHI’s Comprehensive Standards of Practice for Home Inspectors – which is very thorough. When it comes down to it, there are too many components and items that we inspect to enumerate. This is because we work hard to be the most thorough home inspectors in the area.
But to help our clients understand the basics of what we inspect, the list below gives you a glimpse as to what is covered in your home inspection. Have questions? Contact us and I will be happy to help!
- We walk roofs to inspect them. Some common-sense exceptions would be unsafe roofs,
snow covered, etc.
- Gutters and roof drainage systems.
- Skylights, roof caps, roof vents, plumbing vents, and other roof penetrations are inspected.
- Chimney walls
- Chimney flashing
- Fuel-burning fireplaces, stoves, and fireplace inserts.
- Fuel-burning accessories installed in fireplaces
- Wall coverings
- Drainage and grading that is likely to affect the building
- Retaining walls
- Vegetation that is likely to affect the building
- Foundation walls
- Vent terminals and air intakes
- Exterior faucets
Basement / Foundation / Structure
- Foundation walls
- Basement floor
- Crawl spaces
- Sump Systems, including the sump basket, sump pump, sump cover, and extension piping.
- Floor structure (posts, beams, joists, etc.)
- Basement insulation
- Signs of basement moisture
- Exterior electrical components, including the service drop, service entrance conductors, cables, and raceways.
- The main panel and any subpanels.
- Service grounding
- Interior electrical components, including the majority of outlets, switches, and lights.
- Ground fault circuit interrupters
- Arc fault circuit interrupters
- Smoke and CO alarms
- Drain, waste, and vent pipes
- Water distribution pipes
- The visible portion of the water main, which is the water supply pipe that brings water into the home
- Water heaters
- Water heater vents.
- Clothes washers and dryers
- Gas lines.
- Main gas and water valves
- Installed heating equipment such as furnaces, boilers, and space heaters.
- Furnace filters
- Vent connector and vent
- Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRVs) or Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERVs)
- Central and permanently installed cooling equipment
- Temperature difference testing is used to determine if
coolingequipment is operational
- Condensate disposal
- Stairs, handrails, and guards
- Counters and cabinets
- Vent fans
- Kitchen appliances
- Framing and sheathing
- Exhaust fans and ducts
- Overhead doors
- Garage door openers
- Doors, stairs, walls, floor, electrical, and more
For more information regarding the standards that Red Rock Home Inspections adheres to, please visit InterNACHI Standards of Practice. To review our ethics, please visit: InterNACHI Code of Ethics For more information regarding the law as it pertains to home inspections in California, please visit: Business and Professions Code Section 7195-7199.
If you have any questions, please call me today.
RANCHO SANTA FE HOME INSPECTIONS
Red Rock Home Inspections – Serving Rancho Santa Fe and Beyond!